Powered by Substrate
Substrate is a development framework for high-performance blockchains that are native to the Polkadot ecosystem. Substrate powers a number of top projects including Polkadot, Kusama, Chainlink, Moonbeam, and more.
A Gateway to Polkadot
Polkadot has a thriving ecosystem of parachains powered by Substrate SDK. By leveraging Substrate SDK, ICE briges the gap between ICON and the Polkadot ecosystem.
Join the Polkadot Party
In the near future, ICE will be participating in Polkadot's parachain auction. With a parachain slot, ICE will be able to plug into Polkadot's relay chain for instant interoperability across the Polkadot network.
ICE features a performance-optimized integration with ICON's Blockchain Transmission Protocol. By building on ICE, you'll be able to connect to Binance Smart Chain, NEAR Protocol, Algorand, and more.
ICE is Connected to the World's Most Innovative Blockchains.
Develop in Solidity
If you're an Ethereum-native developer, you'll feel right at home on ICE. Whether it's Truffle Suite or MetaMask, ICE's EVM and eWASM compatibility lets you bring your tools and workflows with you.
Migrate your Ethereum dApp to ICE and add cross-chain features that leverage ICE's network of connected blockchains.
A Little About ICY
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Join the official ICE Discord to learn more.
- What is ICY?
- Like many smart contract platforms, the ICE network requires a utility token to function. The ICY is the currency of all applications that are built on the ICON blockchain.
- What is ICY used for?
- Most decentralized applications (dApps) on the ICE Network will use the ICY token as their basic means of payment. ICY can also be used for transaction fees, facilitating on-chain governance, and further incentivization development and adoption of dApps on the ICE network.
- What is the status of the ICY airdrop?
- A snapshot occurred on the ICON blockchain at block height 44,123,130 (on December 29, 2021). This snapshot was used for a 1:1 airdrop of ICY tokens to all qualifying ICON token holders (ICX and sICX). ICY tokens will be available to claim by eligible wallets after the mainnet launch of the ICE network. Refer to the ICE roadmap here to keep track of the milestones towards mainnet launch.
- Did I qualify for the ICY airdrop?
- If you’ve held ICX or sICX in any of the following locations at the moment of
the snapshot, you are eligible to claim
the ICY tokens upon mainnet launch of the ICE network:
- Self-custody wallets (e.g Hana wallet, MyIconWallet, ICONex, and Ledger)
- ICON DeFi platforms (Balanced, Omm, ICONFi)
- How do I acquire ICY?
- ICY tokens are currently unavailable for purchase. For those who did not participate in the snapshot, join our Discord to stay up to date with ICY news!