Governed by the Community
SNOW is a community-governed network – all ICZ token incentives go to airdrop recipients and crowdlenders, and there is no team allocation.
Powered by Substrate
Substrate is a development framework for high-performance blockchains that are native to the Kusama ecosystem. Substrate powers a number of top projects including Polkadot, Kusama, Chainlink, Moonbeam, and more.
Innovate in Production
SNOW is a long-term incentivized canary network for cutting-edge development backed by the ICZ token, which has real-world value. On SNOW, you can innovate without having to make guesses on tokenomics and game theory.
Join the Kusama Party
In the near future SNOW will be participating in an auction for a parachain slot on Kusama, the canary network for Polkadot. With a parachain slot, SNOW will be plugged into the Kusama relay chain, providing instant interoperability with all other Kusama parachains.
SNOW features a performance-optimized integration with ICON's Blockchain Transmission Protocol. By building on SNOW, you'll be able to connect to Binance Smart Chain, NEAR Protocol, Algorand, and more.
SNOW is Connected to the World's Most Innovative Blockchains.
Develop in Solidity
If you're an Ethereum-native developer, you'll feel right at home on SNOW. Whether it's Truffle Suite or MetaMask, SNOW's EVM and eWASM compatibility lets you bring your tools and workflows with you.
Migrate your Ethereum dApp to SNOW and add cross-chain features that leverage SNOW's network of connected blockchains.
EVM and eWASM-Compatible
SNOW is fully compatible with existing Ethereum development tools like Truffle Suite and MetaMask.
Deploy to ICE
For production and consumer-ready deployments, applications on SNOW can be seamlessly deployed to ICE.
Built with Substrate
SNOW is built with Substrate, a blockchain development framework that powers leading projects like Polkadot, Kusama, Chainlink, and more.
SNOW supports cross-chain communication across both the internal Kusama ecosystem and ICON's extensive BTP network.
Experiment and Innovate
Like Kusama, SNOW is an incentivized environment (not a testnet) for prototyping rapid development of decentralized applications.
Developers on SNOW have access to ICON's Contribution Proposal System (CPS) – a decentralized grant system for bootstrapping projects.
A Little About ICZ
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Join the official ICE Discord to learn more.
- What is ICZ?
- Like many smart contract platforms, the SNOW network requires a utility token to function. The ICZ is the currency of all applications that are built on the ICON blockchain.
- Will SNOW/ICZ still be useful after ICE/ICY launches?
- Yes, SNOW and ICE (and their respective tokens) have different use cases. Like Polkadot, ICE is a more conservative and production-ready environment for mainstream applications. SNOW provides developers with a more experimental playground to develop applications with cutting edge technology that may not be ready for primetime just yet. Unlike a traditional testnet, SNOW is backed by the ICZ token, which has real-world value. This enables developers to experiment and innovate in an economically-realistic environment.
- What is ICZ used for?
- Most decentralized applications (dApps) on the SNOW Network will use the ICZ token as their basic means of payment. ICZ can also be used for transaction fees, facilitating on-chain governance, and further incentivization development and adoption of dApps on the SNOW network.
- What is the status of the ICZ airdrop?
- A snapshot occurred on the ICON blockchain at block height 44,123,130 (on December 29, 2021). This snapshot was used for a 1:1 airdrop of ICZ tokens to all qualifying ICON token holders (ICX and sICX). ICZ tokens will be available to claim by eligible wallets after the launch of the SNOW network. Refer to the SNOW roadmap here to keep track of the milestones towards mainnet launch.
- Did I qualify for the ICZ airdrop?
- If you’ve held ICX or sICX in any of the following locations at the moment of
the snapshot, you are eligible to claim
the ICZ tokens upon launch of the SNOW network:
- Self-custody wallets (e.g Hana wallet, MyIconWallet, ICONex, and Ledger)
- ICON DeFi platforms (Balanced, Omm, ICONFi)
- How do I acquire ICZ?
- ICZ tokens are currently unavailable for purchase. For those who did not participate in the snapshot, join our Discord to stay up to date with ICZ news!