In June and July, the ICE team upgraded core blockchain infrastructure and furthered developer support programs. The teams also launched the first iteration of the SNOW crowdloan.
Follow along to learn more about what the team accomplished these past eight weeks.
The SNOW development team continued to build, test and advance towards launching on the Kusama Relay chain. Several important tasks progressed as the team refined parachain core infrastructure:
- Updated rollout for Arctic Testnet including latest economics and fee calculations
- Confirmed initial set of collators; progressed on documentation for onboarding
- Released XCM feature on Arctic Testnet; submitted ICE BTP/XCMP tech grant to Parity
- Began whitepaper (to be released after parachain auction secured)
- Completed Airdrop end to end testing for SNOW from Airdrop frontend to Airdrop pallet
- Cross-checked Airdrop amounts with ICON, OMM, and BALN teams
- Completed crowdloan development, testing and integration with partners like BiFrost, NOVA & Fearless mobile wallets.
- Developed and tested referrals, reward calculations and transfers
The team also made strides in developer toolkits, recruitment and education:
- Began direct collaboration with ICON Marketing & Developer Growth team
- Open sourced a template project to help developers build a dApp on the Arctic testnet.
- Developed advanced three part workshop content for money market and liquidation
- Developed smart contract and frontend for money market tutorial
- Tested Band Protocol for oracle support
- Tested integration with Subquid as an indexing and querying service for Arctic testnet
Crowdloan, Tokenomics & Airdrop:
The ICE and SNOW crowdloan kicked off with a bang. The team also ramped up crowdloan marketing and partnerships.
- Finalized Kusama crowdloan reward mechanism and distribution schedule
- Finalized SNOW tokenomics
- Prepared Kusama crowdloan marketing and partnership campaign: podcast interview, Twitter Spaces, Discord AMA, KuCoin AMA
- Tested Airdrop/crowdloan portal for Kusama crowdloan
- Confirmed ecosystem partners for the crowdloan include browser extensions like Talisman and SubWallet, Bifrost for contributions, Fearless and Nova mobile wallets
- Published SNOW tokenomics
The above represents a portion of what the ICE team has been working on. We are excited to share more updates with the community as we continue our mission of bringing interoperability to Polkadot and Kusama.
Next Month’s Focus
In August, our objectives include:
- Starting SNOW Crowdloan 2.0
- Finalize SNOW crowdloan reward strategy
- Determining Crowdloan Reward distribution for ICE Network
- Releasing Airdrop view claim details
- Continuing money market workshop article series (definition, frontend details, financial calculation, smart contracts, etc.)
- Expanding grant program categories (Bug bounty & dapp incentives)
- Adding existing and new dapps for integration onto SNOW
- Adding wallet integrations
- Integrating Acala stablecoin
- Integrating BTP bridge for testnet
- Updating crowdloan specifications
- Continuing whitepaper
- Hardening and load test Airdrop server
- Building a docker for additional RPC endpoints for OnFinality node service
- Resuming governance discussions
- Discussing collator candidacy